Village Kids (Summer)
2021 Summer Village Kids program
Dates: Monday, June 14 to Friday, August 27 (Village Kids will be closed on Friday, July 2 and Monday, July 5 for the July 4th holiday weekend.)
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Site: Wilshire Park Elementary School
Ages: Children who have completed kindergarten through 5th grade in the 2020-2021 school year.
Fees: $44 per day includes breakfast, lunch, and snack. A 10% sibling discount will apply to the second and third children in a family.
- Our Summer Village Kids program will continue to operate grade level pods with 1 staff and a maximum of 15 kids according to school age care guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- We utilize pods to maintain the health of staff and kids. In this pod model, if a child or staff tests positive for COVID-19, the pod will be excluded from the program and quarantined according to Minnesota Department of Health guidelines. Village Kids can continue operating and providing care to children in other grade level pods.
- To maintain consistent pods, contracts for full-time care (4 or 5 days each week) will receive priority over part-time care (3 days or less per week). We will accept contracts for part-time care in Phase 3, as space allows.
- Families can choose the days they need care; however, those days are consistent each week (i.e. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday). Contracts may be modified with a 7 day notice.
- New families pay a one time, non-refundable registration fee: $60 for the 1st child, $40 for the 2nd & 3rd child.
Timeline for registration
Phase 1 - March 1 to 21, 2021:
Families, who are currently enrolled in Village Kids, can register for the Summer Village Kids program. Contracts for full-time care (4 or 5 days each week) will be accepted in this phase. We will accept contracts for part-time care (3 days or less per week) in Phase 3, as space allows.
Phase 2 - March 22-April 30, 2021:
Families, who are not currently enrolled in Village Kids, can register for Summer Village Kids program. Contracts for full-time care (4 or 5 days each week) will be accepted in this phase. We will accept contracts for part-time care (3 days or less per week) in Phase 3, as space allows.
Phase 3 - May 1-June 4, 2021:
If space allows in the grade level group, contracts for part-time care (3 days or less per week) may be accepted. Full-time and part-time contracts for care will be accepted throughout the summer as space allows. Contracts must be received by Friday, June 4, 2021 in order to begin care on Monday, June 14, 2021.
Village Kids Summer Care FAQ
What are the procedures you use to maintain a healthy environment for children?
We are following the Minnesota Department of Health’s guidelines for the safety of kids and staff in our Village Kids program. We will continue to follow these guidelines for our summer care program to meet the standards set by the Minnesota Department of Health. Those guidelines include:
- Daily screening of staff and students before they enter the building
- Staff and children are required to wear masks
- Staff to child ratio of 1:15 in grade level pods
- Sanitizing of surfaces in the classroom
My family qualifies for Tier 1 child care. What will happen to that option this summer?
School districts in Minnesota are required to provide free childcare to children of Tier 1 critical workers on school days while a school is operating in a hybrid or distancing learning model. The 2020-2021 school year ends on Friday, June 11. Tier 1 child care is not provided on non-school days or in the summer. Families who need full-day care beginning Monday, June 14, 2021 should register for Village Kids summer program according to the timeline above.
Will the program be taking field trips?
To follow social distancing guidelines, Village Kids will not be taking field trips which require bus transportation. However, walking field trips may be taken with older kids.
Summer enrichment classes will be held onsite at Wilshire Park Elementary School and registration is available through Community Services: https://stanthony.ce.eleyo.com/courses/category/60...
Village Kids staff escort kids to and from summer classes held within the Wilshire Park building.
Are meals provided this summer?
Breakfast and lunch will be provided through nutrition services and snack will be provided by Village Kids. Children can also bring their own lunch.