St. Anthony Aquatics Program
The St. Anthony swim program provides instructional swimming classes which focus on skill progression and safety awareness for all ages from infant to adult.
Located in the beautifully renovated pool at St. Anthony Village High School, our variety of swim lessons and clubs focus on skill development. Swim lessons are limited to 4 students per instructor and each level reinforces previously learned skills and introduces new skills for a fun and rewarding experience! Our classes and clubs include:
- Infant Sea Puppies and Parents (Ages 6 months-2 years)
- Toddler Sea Puppies and Parents (Ages 2-3)
- Preschool Sea Puppies and Parents (Ages 3-5) New!
- Beginner Sea Pups (Ages 4-5) formerly Sea Pups 1
- Intermediate Sea Pups (Ages 4-5) formerly Sea Pups 2
- Advanced Sea Pups (Ages 4-5) formerly Sea Pups 3
- Sea Trackers 1-7 (Ages 6 & up)
- Junior Sea Dogs (novice) Swim Club (Ages 8-18)
- Senior Sea Dogs (advanced) Swim Club (Ages 12-18)
- Master Sea Dogs Swim Club (adult)
A successful “swimmer” should be able to swim on their back and front for 25 yards, jump into deep water, float on back and change positions for one minute and tread water for one minute. Passing level 4 will provide the skills necessary to become a safe and competent swimmer. In levels 5-7, we will continue to work on all of the basic strokes, introduce the breaststroke, butterfly, cover safety topics and work on distance and endurance!
Junior (novice) and Senior (advanced) Sea Dogs Swim Club: After passing level 4, Juniors (Ages 8-18) and Seniors (Ages 12-8) have the opportunity to improve skills, speed and efficiency by participating in a structured but fun club environment.
Master Sea Dogs Swim Club: A year round program for the adult swimmer who would like to improve strokes and endurance in a coached environment.
We have developed the following COVID-19 safety procedures to maintain a healthy environment for children and parents.
- Dress your child in swimwear at home.
- Before leaving home, please check if you or your child is experiencing any of these symptoms of COVID-19. Do not attend the program if your child is experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms or if your child has been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- When you arrive at the high school and before entering Door 12, parents and children are required to wear a face covering. Face coverings are to be worn anytime a swimmer or parent is in the building or pool area. Swimmers can remove their mask as they enter the swimming pool. Per CDC guidelines, children under 2 years old and younger will not be required to wear masks.
- Parents and children will enter the pool through the locker rooms downstairs. After using the restroom and showering, proceed through the shower area and up the stairs to the pool.
- The locker rooms will only be accessed by parents and children to use the bathroom and shower. Parents and children are encouraged to use the restroom and shower before walking up to the pool deck. Please bring personal items with you to the seating area.
- Parents will exit the pool via the main door to the hallway and viewing gallery. Personal items will not be stored in the locker rooms.
- All gender/family restrooms are located in the hallway on the main level. Please limit the use to one individual or one family.
- Based on your child’s class, parents will be directed to wait in different parts of the pool.
- Parents of Sea Puppies will be in the pool with their child and may place personal items on the benches.
- Parents of Sea Pups will be seated on benches along the wall of windows on the pool deck.
- Parents of Sea Trackers will continue walking along the deck, through the door by the men’s locker room, into the hallway and up the stairs to the viewing gallery.
- There is limited “safe distance” seating in the gallery and pool area. Only one immediate family member can attend lessons. At this time, extended family will not be able to attend.
- Strollers are not permitted in the viewing gallery and pool area.
- Please practice social distancing around the pool area, keeping 6 feet between each other.
What steps are taken in the pool and locker rooms to maintain a healthy environment?
- Safety has always been our #1 priority around water. The pool and locker rooms are cleaned daily to maintain a healthy environment and allow access for everyone.
- Staff disinfect all swim lesson equipment before and after each class.
- Each participant will get their own equipment during class and there will be a limited amount of equipment used.
- Staff decisions concerning behavior and activities are for everyone’s safety.
What steps are taken to ensure children feel safe, accepted and welcomed in the locker rooms and at the pool?
- Children 5 years old and younger may enter the men or women’s locker rooms with a parent/guardian.
- We want to ensure children feel safe, accepted and welcomed at the pool. For children 6 years and older, they should select the locker room that aligns with their gender or where they feel most comfortable. We will not assume which locker room swim participants will be using.
- All gender/family restrooms are located in the hallway inside Door 12 and also available for use. Please limit the use of this area to one individual or one family at a time.
What are the guidelines at the pool?
- The St. Anthony pool is 3 1/2 feet deep at the shallow end. Children under 50 inches must have a parent in the water during recreational/open swim times.
- If school is closed due to inclement weather, all pool activities are canceled.
- Pool rules are also posted in the pool area.