Wilshire Park Childcare for Tier 1 Critical Workers (Oct. 26)
Wilshire Park Elementary School will be providing free childcare from 8:30 am-3:00 p.m. for children, of Tier 1 critical workers, who are enrolled in grades K-5 at Wilshire Park.
Childcare for children of Tier 1 critical workers will only be provided to families who meet the following criteria.
1. Both parents in the household, or the only parent in the household, must qualify as Tier 1 critical workers.
2. Both parents are employed in occupations which are identified on this updated list of occupations which qualify for Tier 1 Care.
3. Both parents are required to report to work onsite leaving the child unsupervised at home during school hours.
This care is available while school is in the modified hybrid, hybrid, or distance learning models during the 2020-2021 school year.
Who: Students enrolled in Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades at Wilshire Park
Dates: Monday, November 23, 2020-Friday, June 11, 2021 (care provided only on school days)
Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Time: 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Follow these steps to submit documentation and register your child:
1. School Districts must verify that parents/guardians are employed in occupations that are critical to the State’s response to COVID-19. Click here to see who qualifies as Tier 1 critical workers.
2. Upload your employment verification here. On the google site, parents must upload:
A letter from your employer verifying employment as a Tier 1 critical worker and the requirement to report to work onsite and
An image of your employment identification badge to verify employment as an identified Tier 1 critical worker.
4. If you need childcare before 8:30 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m. or on non-school days, please register for Village Kids fee-based care here.